Workshop 1: Life goals and the skills needed to achieve them
Knowing how to set goals can be a goal in itself, especially when you don’t quite know where to begin. Yet, once you learn the ‘tricks’ in setting goals, it won’t be too long till you are able to put your dreams into reality.
Goal setting is a great way to motivate yourself as well as keeping you on track. By knowing precisely what you want to achieve, you will be open to opportunities that will lead you in achieving them over a realistic period of time.
Here are a few simple tips to assist you in setting effective and achievable goals:
- State each goal as a positive statement – For example, “Today I will do my best in ….”
- Be precise – Set precise goals, putting in dates, times and amounts so that you can measure achievement.
- Set priorities – When you have several goals, give each a priority. This helps you to avoid feeling overwhelmed by having too many goals, and helps to direct your attention to the most important ones.
- Write goals down and put them where you can see them regularly.
- Keep goals small – Keep the low-level goals that you’re working towards small and achievable.
- Set realistic goals – It’s important to set goals that you can achieve. However, if you have your mind on something challenging, it’s always worth a try! 🙂
Here are some resources and ideas that you may like to use to help you get started.